Future Found Sanctuary Refund and Cancellations Policy
Due to the unprecedented effects of Covid-19 on the tourism and hospitality industry, Future Found Sanctuary has amended our Refund Policy to ameliorate the effects on our guests and booking agents.
The below amendments are applicable for both new bookings and existing confirmed bookings affected by Covid-19. These amendments are subject to change and Future Found Sanctuary reserves the right to unilaterally make changes to the policy as warranted by circumstances.
COVID-19: APPLICABLE TO NEW BOOKINGS AND EXISTING CONFIRMED BOOKINGS
New or existing confirmed bookings may be postponed without penalty for a period of 12 months from the date of the initial booking in instances where the guest is unable to travel as a result of:
- Governmental restrictions imposed in the guest’s country of origin prohibiting non-essential travel due to Covid-19;
- Governmental, economic or other impediments which necessitate the closure of Future Found Sanctuary at the time of the guest’s proposed stay as per the original itinerary;
- Hospitalisation of the guest as a result of Covid-19; and/or
- External unforeseen circumstances, including prohibition by a commercial airline or other transport carrier, prohibiting the guest from traveling pursuant to the onset of potential symptoms of Covid-19 at the time of departure.
A full refund (less transactional fees) will be granted provided Future Found Sanctuary is notified within 72 hours of the arrival date and all supporting documents are verified to the satisfaction of Future Found Sanctuary.
Amendment to the “no-show” policy:
- In the ordinary course, the guest will be deemed a “no-show” for failing to arrive at the hotel in accordance with the confirmed booking, with the ordinary cancellation policy applying.
- Where the guest is a “no-show” for reasons set out above and the guest or booking agent wishes to postpone the confirmed booking without penalty, Future Found Sanctuary must be notified within 24 hours after the expected arrival date of the guest’s inability to travel.
- Supporting documentation must be provided within 7 calendar days after the proposed stay of the guest, failing which the standard cancellation policy will apply.
- Should you have confirmed a reservation in writing and cancelled earlier than 6 weeks before your arrival, the 20% non-refundable deposit will apply.
- If the cancellation is made within 30 days, then the full amount is payable, if we are unable to resell the room or villa.
- In the case of early departure, the full duration of the booked stay will still apply.
- Refunds of deposits/prepayments for bookings are done at the discretion of management and are dependent on the availability of the rooms.
- We strongly advise all our guests to take out comprehensive travel insurance.
- Refunds will be processed in the property’s published currency, less any bank charges incurred.
Should you be forced to cancel due to Covid-19, the above cancellation policy is superseded by a 72-hour notice period whereby a full refund (less transactional costs) will be granted. This cancellation condition is based on :
- proof of a certified positive covid test for one or more of the travel parties and / or;
- the implementation of an outright travel ban imposed by either departure or arrival country for the dates of the booking.
Cancellations due to fear of contracting Covid -19 or the prevalence of comorbidities will not constitute legitimate grounds for waiver of cancellation fees.
This covid-19 cancellation refund policy does not apply to bookings made from 15 Dec – 15 Jan and bookings for a period of 7-nights or longer. These bookings will be entitled to a credit to be used against future bookings made within 3-years of the original booking date.
Vaccination requirements imposed by country of residence or destination do not qualify as a Covid qualifying condition for cancellation.
It is vital that guests are covered by a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy.